Hello and welcome to 'myrsr.com'. This online diary details our project of buying a crappy '80s Porsche 911 and turning it into a beautiful replica 1973 911 RSR, before driving it halfway across Europe on the Cannonball 8000 rally. Well, keeps us out of trouble..

Friday 23 February 2007

Wheels don't come easy..

My main priority with the project at the moment is getting the wheels sorted out. The '73 RSR originally had 9Jx15 on the front and 11Jx15 on the rear - all four with the classic 'Fuchs' design. So, 9 inches wide and the front and 11 inches at the back - an awesome look. Getting original wheels is difficult and expensive though, at least £5K for a set, probably more. I've decided to go for a replica set (didn't take me long to decide) because I should be able to get all four for £2K - £3K. I can't seem to find anyone to do even the replica wheels though!!! This is an original 11" x 15" Fuchs wheel designed for the 1973 Porsche 911 RSR