Hello and welcome to 'myrsr.com'. This online diary details our project of buying a crappy '80s Porsche 911 and turning it into a beautiful replica 1973 911 RSR, before driving it halfway across Europe on the Cannonball 8000 rally. Well, keeps us out of trouble..

Thursday 23 August 2007

One week to go..

The lightweight carpet is now in, Mark has borrowed a roll cage off a friend and we're almost ready to roll. As long as nothing goes wrong (ie engine exploding etc) she will be ready to pick up next Saturday. Mark's going to ride her around for a bit to check it's all OK then install my Steve Wong performance chip. After picking her up and driving home, I've booked her into to JZM for the wheel bearings and shocks to be replaced along with the ride height lowered and geometry checked. I really hope our luck holds up and nothing goes wrong mechanically. Honestly, I think I'd cry!